Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to pay anything to go on this trip?

For the most part, no. ISA will cover your flights costs, arrange a hotel or homestay for you, and will pay for your transportation costs to and from your place of teaching. ISA will also cover most meals but you will be required to pay for lunch on weekends. Any personal travel expenses however will not be covered.

Do I need to be an Australian citizen?

Not necessarily. We are open to people of all nationalities and cultures who study at the universities included in our scope. You will however need to be a full-time student with a near-native level English proficiency.

Do I need to have teaching qualifications?

No. Whilst teaching qualifications will give your application more weight over others that don’t, it is not a requirement. We are looking for people with a passion for Japan, who have good people skills and want to share their experiences with others.

Do I have a choice as to where I will be placed?

Whilst you may state a region or area of preference, there is no guarantee you will be placed there.